She has arrived. Beautiful and perfect into this world.
Ayla - in Hebrew means mighty oak tree. I wanted to keep the botanical theme going, although not as obvious as Ivy, it still has a plant meaning. But in Turkish, Ayla means to be one with the moon....I know breathe taking. And Ivy and Ayla, how cute does that sound?!
Mei-Li - this has many meanings
1. It is the baby red pandas name at the zoo....we seriously love those pandas.
2. The reason the panda is named so is because red pandas are found on the Meili mountains in China, I like that the name has a destination meaning.
3. It is a chinese name, and in chinese Mei-Li means beautiful and ya she is one beautiful baby.
4. We wanted her middle name to also honour special people, but we had to kinda take a twist on it. Keith's grandpa who has passed away was named Leslie, Keith's middle name is Leslie. We didn't want to use the full name, and we didn't really love Les, but we both love the lee part, so Li is in part from Leslie honouring Keith's grandpa.
5. My sisters name is Maeghan. We have a very special sisterly bond. She is one of my best friends, she got to witness the miracle of Ayla's birth. I want Ivy and Ayla to be so lucky as to have this kind of relationship, so in honour of my sister and our bond we liked the May sound of her name, the spelling is totally different but the Mei sound is in honour of her.
Enough meaning there!?! haha
Birth story is in the works. In the meantime this is us:
Tucked in bed, not leaving this room for much. Lots of me and babe time. Bonding, loving, cherishing each other. These first few days have been surreal, a delicious time of connecting with this new person, with many treasured people visiting and pouring their love into Ayla and me. We are being well looked after. I am so moved by the way my loved ones have poured their attentions into making sure this time is easy, magical and perfect. A enormous shout out to my mom, I don't think this would be possible without her. The amount of work she does for our family is beyond words, I have never felt so loved.
Be back soon.