Yes, yes it was.
Lets just start with Friday morning. Waking up feeling gross and realizing that I am indeed, once AGAIN sick.
The sickness takes on a strange shape, I have the normal head cold stuff, sore ears, throat, head and running nose, sneezing etc. But my limbs, from my shoulders to my fingers and below my knees to my toes are numb and tingly. It is always there but sometimes will increase in intensity and cover my whole body, face, back, lips everything. I am tired and feeling like my limbs will float away on me. It is weird.
I go upstairs to get the kids dressed. That's when I step in the puddle.
There in Ayla's room is a very tiny, sticky, puddle. It smells very sweet, like..........oh no.
On Ayla's little table I left a big bottle of tylenol, because Ayla was teething the night before. Ivy and Ayla had been playing upstairs while I was dying on the couch. The bottle is empty.
I call poison control. We talk it all out for like 20 mins. A child Ivy's size would have to drink 80ml or more for them to worry about overdose. The bottle is 100ml. Ayla would have to have 60ml or more. Looking at the spill, the stickiness all over Ivy's shirt and the fact that it was not a new bottle, we think we are ok.
I tell Keith, he calls poison control back just to make sure of the math.
Basically there is no signs of overdose. Tylenol does not present with any symptoms, no tiredness, no aches, no nothing until 24 hours later when they start puking and puking and THEN it could have caused fatal liver damage. AWESOME.
So we just keep a careful eye on them, looking for signs of vomiting or stomach pain.
And that's when Keith carrying Ayla up the stairs trips and sadly kinda throws Ayla onto the ground. He did try to catch her! BUT she ends up smashing her head against the hardwood and the wall.
We both watch her head while she is FREAKING out to see if the head injury is concave or just a bump. I worry as it doesn't seem to want to pop out, but has blackened right away. She calms down and then it pops out....thank heavens. We have learned from previous head injury trips to the hospital that doctors are only concerned when the injury is concave or really mushy. Her bump is out and hard and the kid probably has half a bottle of tylenol in her SOO she should be fine.
This is all like Friday morning.
Things are awesome.
By the afternoon I am so sick I can't function. We call Keith's dad in to come watch the kids so I can nap. My limbs are freaking out and I just want to sleep forever.
I sleep a while. We struggle through Friday night. Saturday morning comes and everything is just worse. Keith does EVERYTHING.
The kids are fine we notice. NO vomiting or stomach pain. YAY. I lay down and Keith does the laundry, cleans the kitchen, feeds us, plays with the kids and cleans more. He takes them for a 2 hour walk so I can rest and read (the hunger games trilogy OH MY GOD, it is good, almost done all 3 books and its been like a few days). We all grumble through Saturday. Keith puts the kids to bed and me as well.
Sunday Keith is playing guitar at church for the first time in like forever, but I am still too sick to go. He leaves and I take the troop to my parents house. They look after me and my kids all day, my sister comes over to and I am able to nap and not worry about the monkey's.
My limbs are still sucking out. I call health link, a 24 hour line with nurses to help you out. They are concerned (they always are) and tell me to get to emerg. But this is lame and I don't want to wait for 3 hours to be told, yup you have a cold. So I tell myself I will go Monday morning. I suffer through the rest of Sunday with the help of loved ones. Keith gets the day off to just relax and rest himself. We all go to sleep Sunday and we are now here this morning.
I still feel numby limbed.
I drag my zombi self downstairs and hear a SPLASH upstairs. it doesn't take long to click, Ivy has a small potty in her bedroom to pee in at night. The rule is she tells me when she uses it so I CAN DUMP IT. I guess she didn't want to bring me back upstairs and tried to empty it herself.
Pee and poo (not just hard little logs, but mushy, gooey, ingrained into the carpet poo) all OVER the upstairs hallway.
I spend a good chuck of time scrubbing it out and do the tylenol spills in Ayla's room as well. But it still smells like a outhouse up there.
I called the Dr this morning. My limbs are still tingling and so is my face. I hope to get in this morning.
Yay weekending! How was yours?